Dear clients, customers, and friends of Emmer Real Estate —
We’ve received a number of inquiries about the real estate market during Covid-19.
First and foremost, we want you to know that we are here for you.
Now, more than ever, we want you to feel right at home. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
In order to continue to best serve our clients, we will be offering virtual meetings, 3D video tours of our listings, drive-thru services at our office locations, complimentary online property analyses, and easy online access to our wide inventory of listings and exclusive pre-market properties.
For those who are currently in or thinking about entering the real estate market, we can provide all of the essential services for a real estate transaction and do the majority of it electronically, maintaining social distancing and following the guidelines by the CDC and our National Association of Realtors.
Below, please find information about the current real estate market as well as answers to some questions we have received from buyers and sellers.
• Interest rates continue to be the lowest in over 50 years.
• Active buyers and sellers are seeing opportunities as others may choose to sit on the sidelines.
• All service providers have adapted quickly to follow CDC protocols for their clients’ safety.
• Open houses have ceased in many markets but private and virtual showings can easily be arranged for qualified buyers.
• Sellers are experiencing a market that is still providing them with strong buyer demand and in many cases, multiple offers.
• Buyers are benefiting from low interest rates and a slight decrease in competition in certain price ranges and markets.
Should I consider buying right now?
Facts to consider:
• Most importantly, if safety is your main concern, you must do what is right for you and never feel afraid to ask your agent the appropriate questions regarding safeguards and protocols in place to ensure a buying experience that is comfortable for YOU.
• Many buyers are taking advantage of the low interest rates right now. Some buyers have decided to wait for the time being, creating an opportunity for others.
• Online property information and photos/videos are so comprehensive now that the majority of your search can be completed at home with private property showings being limited to your few “Finalists” to determine which home to make an offer on.
• Once you find the right home, negotiations, contracts, and the processing of your accepted offer can mostly be completed electronically all the way to your day of closing.
Should I consider selling my home right now?
Facts to consider:
• Most importantly, if safety is your main concern, you must do what is right for you and never be afraid to ask your agent the appropriate questions regarding safeguards and protocols in place to ensure a selling experience that is comfortable for YOU.
• We have ceased open houses for the time being, eliminating that traffic through your home and limiting property viewings to serious buyers through scheduled appointments that must be approved by you.
• Current listings are actually receiving more market exposure now as online showings increase.
• Demand is steady as buyers continue to take advantage of low interest rates.
• Buyers are eager to see NEW inventory.
• Buyers currently in the market should be considered serious buyers.
• When buyers are ready to make an offer, negotiations, contracts, and the processing of your accepted offer can mostly be completed electronically all the way to your day of closing.
When will things be back to normal?
Unfortunately, no one knows the answer to that question but what we do know is real estate continues to be a vital need for many people right now due to job transfers, marriages, growing family needs, downsizing, etc., and we remain committed to serving our clients’ needs during this time and making it as safe and “normal” as possible for everyone.
Whether it’s information you seek about the current market, a consultation about buying or selling, or if you simply need someone to listen, we are just a quick phone call away.